Research Interests :
15. Biocatalytic Decracemisation of 2-Hydroxy Acid Esters: High yield preparation of (S)-ethyl-2-hydroxy-4-phenylbutanoate from the racemate, Anju Chadha and B. Baskar, Tet. Asymm., 2002, 13, 1461 - 1464.
14. Pseudomonas cepacia lipase-mediated transesterification of Hydrocinnamates, K. Priya, T. Venugopal and Anju Chadha, IJBB,-mini symposium on Biocatalysis, (Invited contribution), 39, 2002, 259-263.
13. Biocatalysis - Mechanisms and Applications, Anju Chadha, in Catalysis-Principles and Applications; Eds. B. Viswanathan, S. Sivasankar and A. V. Ramaswamy, Narosa Publishing House; 2001; Chapter 23, p 410 - 432.
12. Porous silicon based potentiometric triglyceride biosensor, R. Ravi Kumar Reddy, Anju Chadha and Enakshi Bhattacharya, Biosensors & Bioelectronics, 2001, 16,313.
11. Consumption of Dopamine Hydrochloride by Nitroglycerine: Preliminary Clinical And Experimental Observations, S. Guhathakurtha, A. Chadha, N. Balasubramanian and N. Gayathri, Ind. Jour. Cardiovascular Surgery, 2000, 16, 102.
10. The proximate carcinogen trans-3, 4-dihydroxy-3, 4-dihydrodibenz[c,h]acridine is oxidised stereoselectively and regioselectively by cytochrome1A1, epoxide hydrolase and hepatic microsomes from 3-methylcholanthrene-treated rats, James d. Adams Jr., Jane M. Sayer, Anju Chadha, Naohiro Shirai, Roland E. Lehr, Subodh Kumar and Donald M. Jerina, Chemico-Biological Interactions, 1999, 122, 117.
9. Synthesis and Identification of Benzo(c)chrysene Metabolites, Dhimant Desai, Jacek Krzeminski, Jhy-Ming LIn, Anju Chadha, Naoki Miyata, Haruhiko Yagi, Donald M. Jerina and Shantu Amin, Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons, 1999, 16, 255.
8. Mechanism of Lithium Perchlorate/Diethyl Ether (LPDE) Catalysed Rearrangement of a - and b - Endo and Exodicyclopentadienyl Vinyl Ethers: Use of Deuterium Labelling and a Chiral Probe, Namasivayam Palani, Anju Chadha, Kalpattu K. Balasubramanian, Jour. Org. Chem., 1998, 63, 5318.
7. Biotransformations using Plant Cell Cultures, A. Chadha, M. Manohar, T. Soundararajan and T. S. Lokeswari, Indian Jour. of Chem., 1997, 36, 530.
6. Asymmetric Reduction of 2-Oxo-4-Phenylbutanoic Acid Ethyl Ester by Daucus carota Cell Cultures, A. Chadha, M. Manohar, T. Soundararajan and T. S. Lokeswari, Tet. Asymm., 1996, 7, 1571.
5. Penicillin Amidase - Chemospecificity and Stereospecificity, A. Chadha, T. Panda and P. S. R. Babu, International Jour. of Pharma. Advances, 1995, 1, 216.
4. A Facile Enzyme Assisted Route to (R) - and (S) - t-Butyl Oxirane and related b - Amino Alcohols - Catalysts for the Enantiselective Addition of Dialkylzinc Reagents to Aldehydes, A. Chadha, U. Goergens and M. P. Schneider, Tet. Asymm., 1993, 4, 1449.
3. Structures of Covalent Nucleoside Adducts Formed from Adenine, Guanine and Cytosine Bases of DNA and the Optically Active Bay-Region 3,4-Diol 1,2-Expoxides of Benz(a)Anthracene, Albert M. Cheh, Anju Chadha, Jane M. Sayer, Herman J. C. Yeh, Haruhiko Yagi, Lewis K. Pannell and Donald M. Jerina, Jour. org. chem., 1993, 58, 4013.
2. A Facile Enzyme Assisted Route to (R)- and (S)- t-Butyl Oxirane and related b - Amino Alcohols - Catalysts for the Enantioselective Addition of Dialkylzinc Reagents to Aldehydes, A. Chadha, U. Goergens and M. P. Schneider, Tet. Asymm., 1993, 4, 1449.
1. Structures of Covalent Nucleoside Adducts Formed from Adenine, Guanine and Cytosine Bases of DNA and the Optically Active Bay-Region 3,4-Diol 1,2-Epoxides of Benz(a)Anthracene, Albert M. Cheh, Anju Chadha, Jane M. Sayer, Herman J. C. Yeh, Haruhiko Yagi, Lewis K. Pannell and Donald M. Jerina, Jour. Org. Chem., 1993, 58, 4013.
2. A Process for the Lipase Catalysed Preparation of Alkyl and Aryl Esters of Hydrocinnamic Acid, Anju Chadha and K. Priya, IIT-Madras, Indian patent filed April, 2002.
1. A Process for the preparation of Optically Pure Alpha-hydroxy Esters, SPIC Ltd., A. Chadha, U. Avalakki and M. Manohar, Indian patent appl. no. 2168/M/97; Patent no. 183786/1-10-1999.
Invited Talks / Presentations ( Last 5 years ) :
Poster Presentation: A Simple, Clean TLC and HPTLC Method for Detection of tri-, di- and monoglycerides in Honge and Jetropha oils. S. K. Karmee, G. Raju and A. Chadha. (Abstract accepted for poster presentation in World Conference on Oils organised by AOCS, to be held on Aug. 12-15, 2002 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Invited Talk: Porous Silicon Based Biosensors, R. R. K. Reddy, I. Basu, E. Bhattacharya and Anju Chadha, Indo - Japan Workshop on New Advanced Materials in Molecular Electronics, 10 -11 Dec., 2001, NPL, N. Delhi, India.
Poster Presentation: Porous Silicon Based Lipid Biosensor, I. Basu, E. Bhattacharya and Anju Chadha, International Conference on Stabilisation of Enzymes and Biosensors, 25-29 Nov., 2001, Chennai.
Poster Presentation: Quantitative Biocatalytic Conversion of Racemic 2-Hydroxy acids and esters into one Enantiomer-A Novel Deracemisation Reaction, B. Baskar and Anju Chadha, National Bioorganic Symposium 7, 9-10 Nov. 2001, Department of Chemistry, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, India.
Invited Talk: Applications of Biocatalysis, Technology Development program, IC & SR, IIT-M, Chennai 600036, 10 Sept. 2000.
Invited Talk: Biocatalytic Reactions and Biosensors: Use of Porous Silicon as A Microenzyme Reactor, International Symposium on Trends in Medicinal Chemistry and Biocatalysis, 26-29 Jan.,2000, Department of Chemistry, Delhi University.
Poster presentation: Porous Silicon as a Potentiometric Biosensor, R. Ravi Kumar Reddy, Anju Chadha & E. Bhattacharya, 10th International Workshop on Semiconductor Devices, Dec 14 - 18, 1999, Delhi, India.
Invited Talk: Lipase - A useful Resolving Agent, First University - Industry Interaction Meet on Lipases, 20 - 21 May, 1999, Delhi University, South Campus, N. Delhi, India.
Invited Talk: Bioorganic Chemistry-A Necessary Component of Biotechnology Education in India, March 1999, IIT-Madras.
Invited Talk: Biocatalytic Organic Reactions: From Lab to Industry, at the 7th NOST Symposium, 10 -13 September, 1998, Vishakapatnam.
Intellectual Property Rights; Patents - How to Write and Interpret them; Biomedical Research Advances; The Women's Health Question; Science Education and the Gender Question; Science for children.